mix & match

Our approaching move to San Francisco has me feeling quite nostalgic, which may explain my heightened appreciation for things I’ve grown accustomed to  — the quiet, dappled light in our bedroom; the white-haired man playing wistful guitar tunes at the corner of Dunster and Mass Ave; the never-failing waft of Domino’s pizza on my walk to UPS (and my subsequent exercise of self-control, of course); even the sudden jostlings and halts of the T.

That was supposed to serve as a smooth segue into why I’ve been gravitating towards more old-timey prints like polka dots and stripes, but I got a little carried away. 😛 Anywho, I love every piece in this look. Each is just as versatile as the next, which makes outfit-assembling easy breezy.

Outfit

capulet irina blazer

club monaco julie turtleneck

citizens of humanity jeans (old, similar here)

martiniano heels (similar here)

staud bucket bag (new season, zipped version here)

photography by awjin ahn

14 Comments

1. aly
    October 31, 2017 / 6:29 pm

So cute and comfy yet pulled-together! I’d like this entire outfit, please 😀 <3

2. November 1, 2017 / 6:56 pm

Love this mix and match of prints, also loving your shoes!
    x Rubi

3. November 2, 2017 / 9:14 am

Love how you mix prints so effortlessly and cool in this look. I have been eyeing up a polka dot blazer recently and you’ve basically just sold it to me with this look. I also need some cute day to day shoes like this, to wear as an alternative to my go to boots or sneakers…Oh and I liked that intro there. That is serious self control if you can resit the waft of Dominos pizza near by. I can’t be within a mile radius of it, it’s just too dangerous for me!

Samio x

• November 3, 2017 / 1:42 pm

Ah thank you so much Samio! Go for it – polka dot blazers are surprisingly easy to wear 🙂 And the struggle of having a Domino’s so close by is real…

4. Ankita Bardhan
    November 2, 2017 / 11:12 am

I love how effortlessly you have mixed prints into a very classy minimalistic look! And how pretty are those heels! I love the way you edit your pictures with the texts! What font or app do you use for it?
    Btw following your blog, please do visit my blog 🙂
    xx

• November 3, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Thank you so much Ankita! I use a combination of Affinity Photo on my Mac for putting together collages, and Procreate on my iPad to add a few hand-drawn elements. I will make sure to check out your blog! 🙂

5. Siffat Haider
    November 4, 2017 / 8:33 am

Stripes and polka dots is one of my favourite combinations, and you put it together perfectly! The fact that you kept the colours the same makes it all look super polished.
    xo