bell & point

On top of my coffee intake hitting new highs (we’re talking 5-6 mugfuls a day), the repetitive schedule of coding bootcamp has my mental-claustrophobia-meter steadily rising everyday. Putting on a slightly moody outfit over the weekend serves as an outlet and a quiet reminder that there’s a world outside of my laptop screen, which I’m sure a lot of us need.

Enter the noisette dress via Dôen. Complete with flared bell sleeves and subtle eyelet embroidery, the billowy silhouette gives just the right balance of simplicity and drama. I like to think I’m a prairie girl gone urban + emo in this dress. If that’s even a thing? 😛

Outfit

doen noisette dress

nicholas kirkwood slides

simon miller bucket bag (similar here)

& other stories earrings

photography by awjin ahn

13 Comments

1. April 26, 2017 / 1:42 am

I really like this flowy eyelet dress, look really good on you. And your bucket bag is so cute, first time I’ve seen something like it.

2. April 30, 2017 / 4:11 pm

There are always outfits that make us appreciate the world away from our screens. But then again, for those of us who blog, even the time spent away from the screen is somehow meant to return to the screen in form of outfit posts or instagram photos. Don’t you agree? Oh, and to answer your question: I have no idea if there is something like “prairie girl gone urban + emo” but sure looks awesome! 😀

3. May 2, 2017 / 9:30 pm

My goodness, I love the layout of your post! Super editorial, and I love how you pair high end with other stores like Topshop and ASOS. LOVE IT! xx

Kit | THINGS SHE LOVES

4. May 11, 2017 / 11:29 pm

i love the details of this dress, the bell sleeves, the little holes. it’s so simple but sophisticated and cool at the same time. love love!

xo, Carla

5. May 12, 2017 / 12:49 pm

So in love with this look and your bag dear! yOu have such a great style! I would love to wear it 🙂
    Thanks for the inspo!
    Stella

6. May 13, 2017 / 2:27 am

You are too good at creating the minimalistic and moody outfits… I don’t think I can ever pull off a high fashion look like this. I LOVE this look on you!!

Jessica || Cubicle Chi