kimono & emerald

This outfit was put together rather arbitrarily. I was sandwich-munching in a café and overheard my neighbors chatting excitedly about their upcoming St. Paddy’s Day plans — “start drinking at 9am and sleep at 5pm” — and it reminded me of the green dress I had recently bought (with no idea that the holiday was approaching).  I figured it was the perfect occasion for its debut.

The dress is painted a gorgeous emerald hue and finished in a comfortable kimono wrap style. While I was debating what shoes to wear, I realized that these sneakers had a splash of green in them (seriously, it’s hard to believe that I wasn’t preparing for St. Paddy’s all along). Anyway, I’ve loved pairing dressier pieces with sneakers; it keeps the outfit more casual and adds some unexpected funk. The comfort is also a major plus!

new2

new3

new4

I topped the look off with this clutch by Matt & Nat. The design is beautifully minimal, and the addition of a handle is genius — it’s so much easier to carry and allows me to have my hands free if needed (you can slip your entire hand through so that the clutch sits securely on your forearm).

new5

new6

new8

new9

new10

Outfit

& other stories kimono wrap dress

adidas originals stan smith shoes

matt & nat fold over clutch

anarchy street ring set

photography by the dazzling alice xiang

20 Comments

1. March 19, 2016 / 11:48 pm

Looking fabulous Catherine! That touch of Adida Green and the wrap dress is really simple and modern.

By the way, I think Matt & Nat makes really good pieces. Do you recall the ‘5 Piece French Wardrobe’ challenge we are doing? Matt & Nat backpack is one of the 5 pieces. Can’t wait to share 🙂

Happy Weekend dear!

Real Life Nerd

• March 25, 2016 / 12:34 am

Hi Viviene! Thank you so much for the lovely comment 🙂 And Matt & Nat’s backpacks are gorgeous! I’ll make sure to head to your blog to check out the updates on your 5 piece French wardrobe. Hope you’re having a wonderful week!

2. March 20, 2016 / 9:42 am

Happy St. Patty’s day! Love the green outfit and definitely matches the occasion. 😛

Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

• March 25, 2016 / 12:34 am

Thank you so much, and happy belated St. Patty’s day to you too 🙂

• March 25, 2016 / 12:35 am

Thank you so much Michele! 🙂

3. March 21, 2016 / 11:56 am

Love this look from head to tea and that colour is amazing. Also, what a smart name you used for your blog, love it 🙂
    Ivona from http://www.thesmokedetector.net
    xo

• March 25, 2016 / 12:36 am

Hi Ivona! Thank you so much for stopping by and I’m so glad you liked it 🙂

• April 5, 2016 / 12:48 am

Thank you so much for the sweet comment 🙂 The clutch is amazing, really been loving it lately!

4. March 29, 2016 / 6:36 pm

I adore this outfit. The green dress with the green accents on the Stan Smiths are just perfect. You make me wish I had bought that colour way rather than the navy. You look lovely Catherine!

• April 5, 2016 / 12:49 am

Thank you so much Winnie! 🙂 I love Stan Smiths, so comfy — the navy color is amazing too!