kimono & emerald

This outfit was put together rather arbitrarily. I was sandwich-munching in a café and overheard my neighbors chatting excitedly about their upcoming St. Paddy’s Day plans — “start drinking at 9am and sleep at 5pm” — and it reminded me of the green dress I had recently bought (with no idea that the holiday was approaching).  I figured it was the perfect occasion for its debut.

The dress is painted a gorgeous emerald hue and finished in a comfortable kimono wrap style. While I was debating what shoes to wear, I realized that these sneakers had a splash of green in them (seriously, it’s hard to believe that I wasn’t preparing for St. Paddy’s all along). Anyway, I’ve loved pairing dressier pieces with sneakers; it keeps the outfit more casual and adds some unexpected funk. The comfort is also a major plus!

I topped the look off with this clutch by Matt & Nat. The design is beautifully minimal, and the addition of a handle is genius — it’s so much easier to carry and allows me to have my hands free if needed (you can slip your entire hand through so that the clutch sits securely on your forearm).

& other stories kimono wrap dress

adidas originals stan smith shoes

matt & nat fold over clutch

anarchy street ring set

photography by the dazzling alice xiang

1. March 19, 2016 / 11:48 pm

Looking fabulous Catherine! That touch of Adida Green and the wrap dress is really simple and modern.

By the way, I think Matt & Nat makes really good pieces. Do you recall the ‘5 Piece French Wardrobe’ challenge we are doing? Matt & Nat backpack is one of the 5 pieces. Can’t wait to share 🙂

Happy Weekend dear!

Real Life Nerd

• March 25, 2016 / 12:34 am

Hi Viviene! Thank you so much for the lovely comment 🙂 And Matt & Nat’s backpacks are gorgeous! I’ll make sure to head to your blog to check out the updates on your 5 piece French wardrobe. Hope you’re having a wonderful week!

2. March 20, 2016 / 9:42 am

Happy St. Patty’s day! Love the green outfit and definitely matches the occasion. 😛

Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

• March 25, 2016 / 12:34 am

Thank you so much, and happy belated St. Patty’s day to you too 🙂

• March 25, 2016 / 12:35 am

Thank you so much Michele! 🙂

3. March 21, 2016 / 11:56 am

Love this look from head to tea and that colour is amazing. Also, what a smart name you used for your blog, love it 🙂
    Ivona from

• March 25, 2016 / 12:36 am

Hi Ivona! Thank you so much for stopping by and I’m so glad you liked it 🙂

• April 5, 2016 / 12:48 am

Thank you so much for the sweet comment 🙂 The clutch is amazing, really been loving it lately!

4. March 29, 2016 / 6:36 pm

I adore this outfit. The green dress with the green accents on the Stan Smiths are just perfect. You make me wish I had bought that colour way rather than the navy. You look lovely Catherine!

• April 5, 2016 / 12:49 am

Thank you so much Winnie! 🙂 I love Stan Smiths, so comfy — the navy color is amazing too!